Pages

4 Christmases!!

      I read a little quote in a magazine a long time ago.  I’m thinking I must have been in my early 20’s at the time.  Because I know it was before the days of having my own children.  At the time the quote sounded so meaningless & absurd as time seemed to drag on and on back then... However, for some reason it stuck in my head all these years.  It went something like this:

“The days are long, but the years are short.”

     Now since having children of my own and getting closer to the big 40, the quote now makes perfect sense. It seems like just yesterday I was a child living with my parents.  Some days when I find myself daydreaming, I have flashbacks of being in high school and memories of fun times with my friends come to mind.  Only to fade back into reality to realize that I have been out of high school for almost 20 years!!  It is so crazy how life just passed in a blink of an eye. 
     This particular quote popped up again just the other day after I was editing my kiddos 2011 Christmas photos.  I decided to make a collage of the past 4 yrs of Christmas photos.  After I was done, all I could do was just sit and stare at the collage of images… where in the world had the time gone came to mind.  What happened to my babies?  Could time really be flying by that fast?  Our oldest is almost 10 and I realized how possible little time we have left with her… college is only a little more than 8 yrs away!  Our middle daughter is almost 8 and will be going into the 3rd grade.  I remember JUST taking her to Kindergarten round up & how frighten she was. She didn’t want to let go of my hand.  Now, on the 1st day of school she bounces right into her classroom like a big girl.  Oh, and did our baby just start Kindergarten?  Where did our days of watching Wonder Pets and going to library day on Wednesday go?  It saddens my heart at how fast the time is flying by.  However, in turn it is such a blessing to see them growing, being healthy, and finding their places in this world.
     Anyway… I could go on and on… However, typing this makes me want to run to them and spend every last second I can before they decide they are “too big” for Mommy’s attention and snuggles! (:
     The days can sometimes seem to go on forever.  It can be nerve racking to be a parent.  Some days I feel as though I could just pull my hair out! Haha  However, we only get one shot at this life… so why not make the best out of it that we can.  One things is sure… these little ones won’t be babies forever.  The years are quickly slipping away… in the blink of an eye.  “The days are long, but the years are short.”
     Here are the newest Christmas photos I just took!  I’ve included the collage I mentioned as well.
Hugs,
Tifanie



0 comments: